Inspector/Packer 2nd shift
Miami Lakes, FL | Full time - temp to hire
Work Schedule (hours/Days): Monday to Friday - 3:30 pm – 12 midnight. Must be flexible to work Over-time when necessary.
- Manage to the packaging of material as it is being produced and to ensure that labeling is correct.
- Take boxes to the Pack/Inspect stations and inspect parts by box for gross visual defects.
- Verify box quantities at the Pack/Inspect station, print and place the box label, close and tape the box.
- Take the finished box to the designated WIP station for delivery by the material handler to the In-bound materials area in the warehouse.
- Support Quality on the floor as backups for IPQ Inspectors (In-Process-Quality)
- Support Quality on the floor as backups for Dedicated Inspector/Packers
For new W/O’s
- Verify the W/O and hole location in the accumulator is correct
- Assemble a box with a bag
- Print the production label and place it on the Bag
- Place labeled box in the accumulator – Place the containment tray on top of the box
When box is full
- Remove the box from accumulator and replace it with an empty labeled box and bag
- Take full box to the Inspect/Pack station
- Place parts onto the Inspection table and place box on the scale
- Inspect parts for gross visual non-conformance – sliding acceptable product down the chute and into the box
- When box quantity is met
- Print label
- Place box on packing tray
- Place label on box
- Tape box closed
- Take box to WIP station
- Bring replacement box back to Inspect/Pack station
- Backup for IPQ Inspectors
- To understand the requirements of IPQ inspection on the floor
- To be able to act as a backup in this position when staffing is required
- Backup for Dedicated Inspector/Packers
- To inspect and pack parts at a press where Customers require dedicated attention to quality or packaging
- To be able to act as a backup in this position when staffing is required.
- Follow all Occupational Safety and Health Policies and Procedures. Report any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.
- Follow Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and comply with all Departmental Quality Policies and Procedures
- Steel Toe Shoes or work boots – Long Pants (Jeans Ok.)
- No Shorts – no sleeveless shirts – No Sandals – No Sneakers - No loose jewelry
- Long Hair must be contained
Requirements, Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to use a computer, with appropriate software, to label and weigh parts and finished boxes.
- Ability to comprehend the Visual Attribute requirements
- Ability to understand the concept of gage inspection on the production floor.
- Detail oriented.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish preferred.
- Clean Background
- Drug Free Workplace
Note: This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included.