Reach Truck Operator
Doral, FL | Full Time
All candidates must speak English (Bi-lingual preferred)
- Process distributor orders in accordance with Parts Department objectives.
- Receive incoming shipments.
- Adhere to good inventory management procedures to ensure parts fill rate objectives are met and maximum space utilization is achieved.
- Maintain structural integrity of floor stacks through regular weekly safety inspections.
- Equipment maintenance, maintain clean, safe and orderly working environment.
- Prepare product correctly (labeled, over-packed, palletized, shrink-wrapped, stacked appropriately, etc.)
- Document discrepancies and report them to management
- Label all products per customer requirements
- Perform complete and accurate checks and ensure product is ready to ship accurately and free of damage
- Operate Reach Truck equipment to skillfully manipulate putaway stock in the Floor section of the PDC. High skill level required to manage stacked pallets, paying attention to the weight and structural integrity of the pallets. Pallets need to be aligned skillfully and carefully to maintain integrity of stack.
- Put away product neatly inside the location markers
- Perform all put away of product per Mobis requirements
• Assist as needed in cycle counts
• Accurately perform cycle counts and inventories as needed
• Conduct preventative maintenance checks before each use and fill out the inspection card
• Change out forklift batteries in accordance to the policies in place
• Certain individuals may be asked to train and operate the battery changing equipment
• Certain individuals may be asked to train and use the sweeper
Operate Reach Truck equipment to skillfully manipulate stock staged in the Floor section.
High skill level required to manage stacked pallets, paying attention to the weight and structural integrity of the pallets.
Pallets need to be aligned skillfully and carefully to maintain integrity of stack.
• Pick all products on a pick batch from the correct locations and ensure locations are left neat
• Pick the product accurately including the correct quantity and product ID
• Ensure all items are damage free and stage product in the correct lanes
• Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
- High level of safety awareness is required to operate Reach truck in floor area
- Safety glasses, seat belts, and ID badges must be worn at all times
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building
- Clean up after oneself in the warehouse/lunch room and all other areas
- All associates will be assigned aisles (or areas) to clean and may be required to participate in cleaning days
Responsibility and Authority
• Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels
• Prevent (if possible) or identify any type of safety violations that may occur
- Must speak English (Bi-lingual preferred)
- High School graduate or equivalent is required
- 2 years experience in a warehouse/distribution or related operation doing receiving, storage and distribution of merchandise utilizing warehouse equipment.
- 2 years minimum experience on Reach Trucks required, operation of other power equipment is a plus
- Must be able to operate safely and efficiently in a 9.5' aisle space
- HazMat certified preferred
- Drug Free Workplace
- Clean criminal background
- Effective verbal and communication skills required
- Must be able to make accurate math calculations - basic math skills
- Experience in operating standard office machines and equipment
- Computer skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Perform moderately heavy manual tasks
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions