CDL Class A Driver
Apopka, FL US
Leading National food distributor has an immediate opening for a CDL Class A Driver to deliver merchandise to supermarkets and convenience stores.
North and Central Florida
Two-week training period pay rate
$550 per week
$380 weekly salary plus commissions.
Commissions range from $700-$1200 per week
Projected first-year earnings, $50,000.00 to 62,000.00
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport goods from the distribution center to assigned destinations.
- Able to skillfully operate and maneuver 53’ tractor trailers in city and highway traffic and backing up to loading docks. (Will be required to pass a mandatory road test.)
- Ensure the trailer is properly and securely attached to the fifth wheel.
- Ensure that loads are properly secured inside the trailers.
- Safely and efficiently unload goods at selected destinations.
- Obtain signatures from clients to confirm deliveries.
- Observe predetermined routes and schedules to ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm that the contents of each load match the manifest document.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of your vehicle.
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Maintain detailed delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and DOT regulations.
- Stay within the driving limits of weather and road conditions.
- Upon completion of one successful year of service, drivers may qualify to convert to the company’s payroll which includes a comprehensive benefits package.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
· Valid CDL Class A driver's license required.
· Valid DOT Card.
· 2+ years of proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred.
· Clean driving record with no moving violations.
· Must pass a Background Check and DOT Drug Test.
· Skilled at maneuvering and parking 53’ Tractor Trailers.
· Physically and mentally fit.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Able to operate lift gates, hand trucks, and electric pallet jacks.
· Proficient in using ELDs.
· Dependable and reliable
· Safety first
- Safe Driving Record
- Dedicated Route experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience driving tractor-trailers – 53’
- Must speak English fluently. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Operate electric pallet jacks
- Valid CDL Class A Driver License
- Valid DOT Card
- DOT Drug Test
- Clean Driving Record
- Present legal proof to work in the U.S
- Clean Background
- Equal opportunity employer
Celebrating our 30th year, Future Force Personnel Services is a full-service staffing firm specializing in Light Industrial, Professional, and Office/Clerical personnel. Our candidates range from entry-level temporary workers to highly skilled and experienced full-time professionals.
Headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida we currently have additional offices in Orlando and Atlanta and service a broad range of clients from small offices to large corporations throughout the entire state of Florida, and Georgia.