Food Facility Mechanic
Hialeah, FL 33166
Must be willing to work daily and weekend overtime. The Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic performs installation, maintenance, servicing, trouble shooting, repairing and rebuilding of equipment in a food manufacturing Plant. Other requirements include but not limited to: Effectively communicate with leadership, operators and others. Accept full responsibility for all safety procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely troubleshoot and repair of Packaging, Processing and robotic equipment
- Safely set up and change over production lines
- Demonstrate the initiative to investigate and offer improvements to our plant operations
- Communicate appropriately with other employees
- Service, clean and inspect equipment periodically following established PM’s (preventative maintenance)
- Safely operate mobile equipment such as fork trucks, hand trucks, lifts, boom lifts etc.
- Create notifications and follow up on needed repairs
- Properly lubricate equipment as per the manufacturer recommended lubrication schedules
- Utilize problem solving techniques in interacting with other employees in resolving issues
- Evaluate and make recommendations to change PM (Preventative Maintenance) schedule or contents
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
To be considered must be able to perform the following:
- Safely use basic hand and power tools such as a drill press, power saw, grinder etc.
- Have a basic understanding of belts, belt drives, chain drives, gear boxes and conveyor
- Weld- Steel and Stainless Steel
- Read and interpret written description or engineering drawing relative to the function performed
- Safely use machining equipment
- Pay for this position is $15/hr plus overtime as needed.
- Hours: 7:30-4 but if there is an issue must be able to stay longer or come in at different hours to repair
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Proficiency of the English language
- Works safely and follow all established plant policies and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Understand and use SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) procedures
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
Must be able to perform the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to walk, stand, move around equipment, bend, kneel, squat, reach and stretch.
- Use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and back
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 year’s maintenance mechanic experience
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a food manufacturing environment is a plus
Hours: 7:30-4 but if there is an issue must be able to stay longer or come in at different hours to repair
Executive Vice President
Domenick Cama was born and raised in south Florida. He graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Ft. Lauderdale, and has earned degrees from Amherst College, in Massachusetts, and Florida Coastal School of Law, in Jacksonville, Florida. After growing up around the family business, Domenick officially joined Future Force in 2006, after graduating from Amherst College. While at Amherst, Domenick majored in Political Science, and was a four-year student-athlete as a member of the football team. After joining Future Force, Domenick served as VP of Sales and Operations before obtaining his law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law.
Since earning his J.D., Domenick has returned to Future Force and currently serves as Executive Vice President. Domenick believes that personalized, superior customer service sets Future Force apart from their competitors. “With unemployment at its lowest point in almost 50 years, and everyone pulling talent from the same labor pool, it is our vetting process and personal relationships with clients that distinguish us from other agencies.” Looking towards the future, Domenick plans on using his legal background to help develop Future Force’s presence in the legal staffing field.