Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Diagnoses problems replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Orders necessary parts/equipment from vendors/suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by drop store supervisor and other management.
Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm
Typical environmental exposure
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee must be adaptable to dealing with a stressful, fast paced environment when equipment is down or malfunctioning, due to production being affected during the time that repairs are taking place. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional skills, specialized equipment knowledge, certifications required
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
- Must have five years in mechanical/engineering field with knowledge of electrical, 3 phases, pneumatic, steam boilers, schematic reading, plumbing, etc.
- Must be willing to be on-call and have flexible scheduling.
- Clean Background
- Valid Driver License
- Clean driving record
- Drug-free workplace
Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.