Molding Machine Operator
Hialeah, FL 33014
· Ascertain that all parts from the machine are inspected to ensure that each part will be 100% acceptable to the customer.
· Use the detailed inspection information located on the mold book and also using FM-QUAL -25 visual attributes for what is acceptable and what must be rejected.
· Notify the Molding Manager/Shift Supervisor/QC Inspector of any defect part found during inspection.
· Every cycle is to run the same as every other cycle by operation of the machine gate. The timing of opening and closing the gate controls the consistency of the cycle. A consistent cycle will produce consistent parts. This is particularly important when the machine is running in semi-automatic (operator controls the beginning of cycle through opening and closing the door).
· Visually inspect the mold every time it opens at the end of a cycle before starting the next cycle.
· Look for broken pieces of metal, missing components, water leaking, or a part of plastic stuck.
· Notify the Shift Supervisor/QC Inspector if anything looks different at any time in the run.
· When running in fully automatic, also visually inspect the mold as it runs.
· Open the door if you see something wrong (this will stop the press operation) and immediately see the Shift Supervisor, QC Inspector, Mold Tech, or Molding Manager.
· If material is running low inform the Shift Supervisor, Material Handler, or Mold Tech. Running out of material is an unnecessary mistake that costs the company time and money.
· Many parts will require some type of secondary operation such as trimming the gate, removing flash, or assembly. This operation is very important since it is one of the final steps to preparing the part for the customer.
· Ensure that all material to be ground up matches with the proper material label between press, grinder and storage container.
· Clean and maintain the operator's station with proper housekeeping standards. Sweep floor areas around press, keep aisle ways clear for movement.
· Inform following shift of any problems or of any information concerning running of the press.
· Trim excess material from parts using knife, if applicable
· May grind/scrap plastic to be recycled
· Able to work under minimal supervision and overtime hours when required
· Ensure that equipment is maintained in proper working order
· Perform preventive machine maintenance as needed
· Ensure (in cooperation with Technicians) neatness and safety
· High School diploma or GED
· 3 years' experience using injection molding machine or press operation
· Experience using drill press
· Experience with pneumatic ratchets
· Experience in loading material into injection molding machine
· Clean Background
· Drug-free workplac