Press Assistant - Third shift
Orlando, FL US
Position: Extrusion Press Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay rate: $16 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 10 pm to 6 am
Jobsite Location: Orlando, FL
Hands-on training will be provided on all aspects of operating blown film and extrusion machinery. The position requires a commitment to good housekeeping, safety policies, quality, production guidelines, quality importance and troubleshooting.
- Work together with an Extrusion Technician to progressively acquire the necessary skills and processes as training advances by working independently or with a team.
- Train to meet productivity requirements, and minimize downtime and waste.
- Learn how to set and operate an extrusion machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace.
Basic Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure GMPs are observed throughout the production process
- Follows SQF Codes
- Perform equipment cleaning preparation while the line is down.
- Ensure that the proper materials are being used in accordance with production orders.
- Properly maintain and care for equipment.
- Notify the lead Technician if any maintenance issues require immediate attention.
- Ensure that lines are kept clean and orderly and comply with daily housekeeping requirements checklists.
- Comply with Plant safety regulations and good manufacturing practices.
- Operate forklifts, and high lift equipment if trained and certified.
- Critical Illness
- Life insurance
- Annual review
- Performance-based pay increases
- Good communication skills
- High school Diploma or GED
- Basic computer knowledge
- Forklift certified preferred
- Mechanical aptitude
- Oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency at the extrusion operator level
- Bilingual (English/Spanish
- Clean Background
- Drug-free workplace
- Flexible to work overtime & weekends
- Color and depth perception as well as peripheral field of vision.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good balance and overall body equilibrium
- Stooping, bending downward and forward by bending the spine and waist.
- Bending legs at the knee to come to rest on the knee or knees.
- Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine.
- Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any directions
- Standing for sustained periods of time.
- Walking long distances.
- Pushing and pulling, exerting upper body force to move objects in a sustained motion.
- Good finger dexterity and mobility.
- Grasping, applying pressure to an object with fingers and palms.
- Good sense of touch to perceive in object's size, shape, temperature, or texture.
- Hearing ability to receive verbal communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
- Repetitive motions, are substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Celebrating our 31st year, Future Force Personnel Services is a full-service staffing firm specializing in Light Industrial, Professional, and Office/Clerical personnel. Our candidates range from entry-level temporary workers to highly skilled and experienced full-time professionals.
Headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida we currently have additional offices in Orlando and Atlanta and service a broad range of clients from small offices to large corporations throughout the entire state of Florida, and Georgia.