Pembroke Park, FL 33023
Verify and keep records of incoming shipments.
- Operates fork lift or hand trucks to move or hoist materials to proper areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Organizational Skills.
- Computer/software knowledge
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency
- Drug Free Workplace
- Clean Background
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math. .
- Licensed forklift operator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.